Senior Engineer, Electronics Design
Reports to: Director, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Ready to push the boundaries? If so, we want you.
We’re looking for people who can push the boundaries of what’s possible. We know that to be truly creative and innovative, you need to work in an environment that encourages risk taking and tolerates failure. That’s part of our core values.
The position of Senior Electronics Design Engineer designs, implements, verifies, and reviews new products into production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work as a part of a cross-functional team providing support to and supply chain, quality, manufacturing, sales and marketing
- Collaborate with printed circuit board engineers during parts placement and signal routing to ensure the design meets requirements
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers to ensure mechanical integrity and thermal requirements
- Collaborate with embedded software engineers to ensure the design meets requirements
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to ensure the design meets Design for Manufacturing (DFM) requirements
- Collaborate with test and manufacturing test engineers to ensure the design meets Design for Test (DFT) requirements
- Perform detailed design in accordance to requirements in areas of power supplies, microprocessors, analog and digital control logic, and printed circuit boards
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments
- Lead design reviews for the electrical design including architecture, schematic, layout, and verification
- Work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects
- Design and verify circuits meeting harsh environmental specifications
- Reviews the work of others for application of professional judgment and accuracy
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 10+ years of electronic design experience including radio frequency, GPS, cellular, mixed signal, and high-speed designs with a strong emphasis in RF and EMC design
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program
- Experience with Mentor Graphics or similar schematic capture tools
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx or similar circuit simulation tools
- Experience implementing and documenting electronic design processes
- Experience integrating design files for use by manufacturing, quality, the PCB house, and the mechanical team
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Why Work at Appareo Systems?
Appareo Systems is focused on dramatic growth and innovation. With that in mind, Appareo Systems is committed to providing opportunities for individual growth and career satisfaction, and assisting employees to realize their potential by providing appropriate training and development opportunities.
Appareo Systems is an advanced technology business that designs, manufactures, and supports electronic, mechanical, and software products for aerospace, defense, and transportation applications worldwide. We create high-value products for customers through the innovative application of cutting-edge technology. Our hardware design teams work primarily with spatial awareness devices, inertial sensing equipment, and optics, while the software development team specializes in the development of mobile and multi-platform integration applications
Culture is Everything
Our culture is deeply rooted in our company purpose and core values. We love what we do and we’re passionate about it. Everyone at Appareo is helping to build a company that is meaningful and impactful. We are defining the direction of a rapidly growing business. We work hard, but we also have a little fun along the way.
Appareo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.