Location: Tulsa Intl Apt (TUL-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33660
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Customs Team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for providing Engineering support to the Trade Compliance team to properly classify imports and exports with tariff classification numbers.
What you’ll do
- Performs in-depth research of aircraft components and associated parts and equipment to advise the required detailed technical specifications needed for compliance to the government regulations
- Utilizes internal and external systems to research technical specifications of parts for all fleets American flies
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of the entire fleet of American Airlines aircraft in order to positively classify every component for proper shipment
- Keeps informed of day-to-day airline operations involving field of responsibility. Assesses daily priorities in accordance with airline/departmental objectives and management directives
- Develops customized procedures and special criteria for Trade Compliance team to remain in compliance to regulations
- Coordinates with other airline departments, as required, to provide for effective and efficient implementation of engineering dispositions
- Serves as mentor to other Engineers
- Actively engages with front line team members and leadership equally
- Maintains knowledge of current and pending regulations, which affect areas of responsibility and ensures that all Engineering actions maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Utilizes available resources to continually increase levels of technical expertise and practical experience. Also strives to improve communications skills, time management and other personal qualities pertinent to maximum effectiveness and efficiency in performing assigned duties
- Reviews engineering drawings/specifications and provide technical details required for import and export classification
- Documents all drawings, specifications as due diligence for mandatory record keeping
- Develops metrics and standards for the department
- Supports American Airlines with technical expertise if required to respond to CBP inquiries
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited program
- 5 years Aviation engineering job related experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Knowledge of Customs regulations
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Must possess a strong aptitude for technical research
- Strong technical writing skills
- General knowledge of aircraft structure, systems, propulsion, and interiors
- Basic knowledge of detailed drawings, bill of materials, standards, and processing
- Understanding of MRP systems, concepts, and requirements
- Familiarity with ISO 9001/AS9100 and the ability to apply internal QA policies and procedures
- General knowledge of machine shop practices, fabrication, and assembly processes
- General knowledge of Military and Industry standards and specifications
- Familiarity of basic CAD System – Boeing's new drawings are Adobe Life Cycle Designer
- Interface with both internal and external customers and suppliers
- Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, SharePoint etc.
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33660