ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
ZS’s Corporate Support teams operate the firm’s core internal enterprise functions. Our global teams comprise team-oriented, pragmatic and results-driven people who thrive in a challenging work environment. Our people come from diverse backgrounds but share a passion for quality customer service and dedication—whether our customer is a client or a ZS colleague.
The Marketing & Communications group helps build the ZS brand, champion thought leadership, support business development and engage our past, present and future workforce.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE PHARMACEUTICAL EDITOR
We seek a Senior Associate Pharmaceutical Editor to join our Marketing Department in our Evanston, IL, office. Reporting to the Pharmaceutical Editorial Lead, the Editor works with ZS’s subject matter experts and marketers to develop thought leadership and promotional content including articles, Q&As, white papers, case studies, research reports, videos, infographics, social media messaging, web copy and brochures. The Pharmaceutical Editor is responsible for planning, project-managing and producing multiple content pieces at once to enhance ZS’s voice in the marketplace.
The Senior Associate Editor will serve both as a copywriter to develop content from scratch and as an editor to partner with SMEs on refining their articles, external bylines, POVs and other insights pieces. They will be charged with staying up to date on marketplace news as it pertains to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, , and how the sector fits within the broader healthcare industry. We’re looking for someone with experience covering the business of healthcare who can discuss everything from pharma go-to-market strategies to partnering with and improving the experience for patients, payers, integrated delivery networks and other healthcare stakeholders. That marketplace knowledge will regularly inform the development of ZS’s insights and perspectives, enabling the firm to produce relevant and timely thought leadership and promotional content that resonates with ZS’s target audiences, meets clients’ needs at their stage in the buyer’s journey, and aligns with ZS’s marketing strategies and priorities.
The Senior Associate Editor will partner closely with their marketer colleagues to develop an effective content strategy in line with marketing objectives: planning how to cover prioritized themes; ensuring that content assets align with the messaging strategy; identifying how to differentiate content projects from similar work already in the marketplace; and determining the best asset type to suit the content project’s objective, substance, and target audience’s needs and content consumption behaviors.
Beyond the editorial team, the SMEs and the marketers, the Editor also collaborates with ZS’s creative services team, and web and digital teams to coordinate content projects’ production and monitor their performance.
- Write, ghostwrite and edit short- and long-form content assets, including articles, Q&As, case studies, white papers, presentation decks, video scripts, ads, web copy, brochures and social media messaging.
- Interview ZS’s SMEs regularly for article development, aggregating their insights and distilling their research findings. Serve as the interpreter for external audiences, ensuring that the SMEs’ ideas are communicated clearly and compellingly when viewed through an outside-in lens.
- Edit insights and thought leadership content developed by ZS’s pharma teams, working with authors to fine-tune the content’s structure, voice, angle, tone, etc. in line with ZS style.
- Work with content input documents including audience and persona information, the buyer’s journey, message maps, keyword lists and more to ensure that content projects align with the marketing strategy and with target audiences’ needs.
- Coordinate project workflow and delivery, working within ZS’s content collaboration and production management platform.
- Contribute to the pharmaceutical content strategy, balancing quantity with quality, and assessing gaps in the content portfolio and working with the marketing partner to determine how best to fill them.
- Stay abreast of pharma industry news, trends and timely topics, feeding that information back to ZS’s SMEs to aid in their insights development.
- B.A./B.S. degree required; advanced degree welcome
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with pharma industry news, trends and information (spanning commercial, R&D and medical)
- Keen understanding of the latest trends in content strategy and operations
- Knowledge of and familiarity with sales and marketing topics preferred
- Expert knowledge of AP style, and expert-level attention to detail
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience with business reporting and editing
- Experience conducting compelling interviews with influential people and synthesizing the information into meaningful prose
- Experience developing multiple content asset types, including video, infographics, web and social media content, and identifying the best asset type to suit the message, project objective and target audience
- Experience working with content management systems and content collaboration platforms
- Effective project management skills
- Effective stakeholder management and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of research and information into succinct summaries
- Proven ability to think creatively in response to diverse demands and projects
- Proven ability to prioritize, multitask, exhibit flexibility and remain responsive as demands change
- Proven ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to flex morning schedule, if needed, to collaborate with team in India
- Minimal travel required (~5%)
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
Connect with ZS on social media:
- Like ZS Careers on Facebook
- Follow ZS Careers on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow ZS on LinkedIn for more job opportunities
- Subscribe to the ZS YouTube channel
- Explore the Life at ZS blog
ZS has been recognized globally for its expertise in consulting and its flexible work environment. View ZS’s accolades.