CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for financial and operational enhancement. Interacts with business teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments with finance and operation leadership.
● Analyze data and build descriptive and predictive models in the areas of vendor invoice management, accounting, anomaly detection, workload optimization, and business performance.
● Mine information for previously unknown patterns and insights hidden in these assets and leverage them for competitive advantage.
● The problems solved will be at the cutting edge of technology and will lie at the intersection of science, engineering and business acumen.
● Be part of a highly skilled agile team and within a strongly focused operational efficient culture.
● Able to apply techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, association, natural language processing, anomaly detection, time series forecasting, Hidden Markov models and Bayesian inference to solve pragmatic business problems
● Experience with RDMS such as Oracle, Sql Server and SQL to extract data
● Fluent in one or more object oriented languages like C#, C++, Scala, Java, and scripting languages like Python or Ruby
● Experience with statistical programming environments like R, Matlab or Octave
● Ability to design working models and implement them on Big Data systems using Map Reduce or Spark frameworks is a plus.
● Familiarity with Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Scope, Cosmos, or similar technologies is a plus.
● Able to work within an agile, iterative business intelligence development process
● 5-6 years experience; 2 + year with a Masters
● Degree in Math, Computer Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics or other quantitative discipline
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition #: 219298
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.