Role: Senior Data Analyst, Financial Control, Finance
Location: Hybrid approach to working, which will include a blend of onsite (Dublin) and remote working
This role is being offered on a Permanent basis.
- Would you like to work in a team whose ambition is to become a world class finance function, exceptional at developing talent and turning information into insights?
- Do you hold a third level technical qualification or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a data role?
About the Role:
In Financial Control our key objective is to support the business in the delivery of a comprehensive accounting service to all areas of the organisation. This includes end-to-end accounting process from core system controls to financial control, delivery of statutory, management, legal entity and consolidated group accounts and external regulatory reporting obligations.
The Financial Control team within Finance, consists of a number of small, dynamic and highly motivated teams who view inclusion & diversity, wellbeing and ongoing learning & development as key enablers to help our business grow and deliver AIB’s strategic and financial objectives.
A vacancy currently exists for a Senior Data Analyst within the Finance Systems team. This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Drive initiatives to enhance Finance data acquisition, integration and analysis in our downstream reporting systems
- Collaborate with the technology and business teams to deliver high quality system solutions, ensuring consistency with our Finance Data & Systems Strategy
- Act as project lead serving the team by supplying technical direction and guidance as required
- Drive system investigation, analysis and resolution of issues arising during change cycles
- Ensure that adequate governance and controls are in place to ensure the integrity of the data used in our downstream reporting systems
- Ensure adherence to AIB’s change management practices and ongoing compliance with BCBS239
- Participate in business projects and change initiatives, proposing workable business solutions to ensure all requirements are met
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service are maintained and that both internal & external customer commitments are met within agreed timelines
What you will bring:
- Holder of third level technical qualification or equivalent
- Min. 3 years’ experience working in a data/systems analysis role
- Strong planning, organisational, analytical & problem solving skills with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and varied decision making scenarios
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders and business partners.
- Knowledge of project management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Axiom/SQL experience and/or experience of working on Regulatory Change/Taxonomies, specifically FinRep, CoRep, Statistical & AnaCredit reports desirable, but not mandatory.
Life at AIB
At AIB, we have a clear purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. That goes for our employees too.
We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
We are committed to offering our colleagues choice and flexibility in how we work and live. Our hybrid working model enables our people to balance their time between working from home and their designated office, subject to their role, the needs of our customers and business requirements. More details on our hybrid working arrangements and expected office attendance for your role will be provided to you during the recruitment process.
AIB is an equal opportunities employer, and we pride ourselves on being the first bank in Ireland to receive the Investors in Diversity Gold Standard for Diversity and Inclusion. We work to ensure that AIB is a place where diversity is welcome, everyone can thrive, and inclusion is a universal experience. Our working environment is one in which talented individuals of all backgrounds can realise their full potential, enjoying rewarding careers in the service of our customers.
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information or have any special requirements or needs that would support you during the recruitment process then please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
By when? Closing date is Monday 20th November 2023
Unsolicited CV’s sent to AIB by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this position. AIB operates a direct sourcing model and where agency assistance is required, the Talent Acquisition team will engage directly with our recruitment partners.