Req Id: 268845
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada’s Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
This position reports to the Director, Strategy, Planning and Compensation. The Senior Manager, Retail Planning and Strategy is responsible for strategic development, business analytics and acting as the primary liaison between our sales channels and various stakeholder teams including real estate, marketing, finance and supply chain. The position is key in supporting the retail sales channels with key analyses and recommendations to allow the business to respond with agility to ensure we achieve sales and profitability targets.
- Provide strategic planning and consultancy support to senior leaders which will involve in-depth analysis for both planned and ad hoc requests
- Quarterback all of the deliverables associated with our quarterly executive deep dives, budget and long range planning activities
- Manage strategic projects from idea generation through to execution
- Deliver findings and build impactful presentations and deliver them to different stakeholders
- Engage and build strong relationships with both internal and client stakeholders to incorporate their goals, and instill confidence to ensure alignment to and adoption of solutions
- Actively support the creation of business cases and financial forecasts to prove the viability of current and new initiatives, including data collection, data analysis and process mapping
- Bachelor degree with focus on business
- Ability to build compelling, executive-level presentations and to deliver recommendations with confidence
- Highly self motivated and proactive
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing multiple projects through effective prioritization, sense of urgency while meeting timelines
- Authentic, professional and confident communicator
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to translate quantitative data into qualitative analysis
- Good time management skills and an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented individual with ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 09/30/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.