There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Johnston
Function: Information Technology
Title: Senior Cloud Software Engineer – 68220
As a Sr. Software Engineer at John Deere Financial in Johnston, IA, you will work with a team of engineers and architects to design and build cloud-based solutions for financial services applications. In addition, you will:
- Develop, deploy, maintain solutions to maintain JDF's compliance needs and goals by partnering with Information Security engineers and architects
- Help integrate Amazon Web-Services (AWS) and systems hosted at AWS with other systems and tools (e.g. monitoring tools)
- Work with application delivery teams to implement and integrate with the cloud and provide training and mentoring to those teams while overseeing the technical implementation of these projects in alignment with enterprise architecture
- Align unit cloud solutions with enterprise IT architecture and where gaps exist, facilitate changes to the overall architecture
What Skills You Need
- Understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints (8+ years)
- Proven experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment (7+ years)
- Proven deep experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (7+ years)
- Deep experience in cloud development with platforms like AWS (4+ years)
- Working understanding of full-stack design patterns and designing loosely coupled architectures (4+ years)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solutions
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Proven experience as a work lead providing technical coaching and mentoring to others
- Proven strong leadership skill and experience, influence effectively, ability to resolve impediments in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.