This role is responsible for maximizing the sales, profitability and brand equity of European eCommerce through the management and execution of:
- Inventory and Allocation Strategic Management: lead the process to monitor and action article level inventory positions across the European Omnichannel and inbound network to ensure best possible availability for the consumer on .com and App. Input process and decisions to senior stakeholders in .com and DC networks.
- Own Personalization business for the merchandising team to ensure this premium service is delivered to consumers consistently and effectively across the broadest range possible.
- Merchandising Operations Management: drive strategic development and alignment of merchandising operational cross-functional topics with senior stakeholders in the business.
- Create and lead strategic initiatives and projects involving overall inventory management strategy designed to optimize revenue opportunity for the business. Own the delivery of key inventory management reporting monitoring key KPIs to determine the ongoing effectiveness of the strategy.
- Drive tracking and reporting process on key KPIs for products and launches to highlight opportunities, risks, and propose cross-functional actions to capitalize on opportunity or mitigate risk.
- Own strategic and operational decision making regarding the deployment and implementation of the personalization premium service from a merchandising perspective. Forecast materials volumes, drive reporting, insight, and action to further the growth of personalization across the EU market.
- Liaise with senior, cross-functional stakeholders as the key eCom Buying and Planning stakeholder for the European Omnichannel inventory network. Ensure support for omnichannel activities drives value to the overall business and feedback developments to the Buying and Planning team.
- Manage one direct report and develop the Merchandising Operations Pillar within the Planning team. Responsible for professional development and supervision of this pillar.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement within the inventory allocation and personalization landscape.
- Input to Director Planning and Trading on overall health of trend and current inventory position (buy and size availability) as well as incoming On Time Availability (OTA) inventory as this relates to forecast expectations, campaigns, and regular business. Additionally, input on the health and current status of the Personalization business and provide recommendations to drive this business.
- Provide biweekly input to EU SCM and Operations teams related to article launch and volumes forecast as we well continuous enhancement of eCom based DCs.
- Delivery of general Merchandising operational tools and timelines (product related tools, functionalities, and reports).
- Play a key role in the implementation of the European eCom Merchandising Strategy in all activities conducted by the department
- Work pro-actively, propose changes in processes to continually drive best in class experience for the adidas consumer.
- Other duties as requested by your manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Implementation of business strategies with some impact on business unit / function results
- Modification of systems, processes or working methods in own area of responsibility requiring analysis of complex issues
- Structured, organized and process-orientated
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and under pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Additional language is an advantage
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of products – esp. Excel, Access, PPT
- Advanced knowledge of Retail Management Systems – SAP AFS, SAP PGR, DBM, Microstrategy
- Dashboarding/Data Visualization experience a plus
- Geographically mobile
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree, ideally in business with sales and finance focus or equivalent professional experience
- 5 -7 years’ experience in merchandising or SCM related functions (incl. buying, planning, distribution, budgeting)
- eCom experience is essential
- 1-3 years’ management experience
- Functional awareness of Operations and Finance