adidas Shared Services in Porto delivers high quality services for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Retail Accounting, eCommerce Accounting and other Finance processes for adidas companies located in Europe and Americas.
However, our success journey continues and we will now integrate several additional Teams in Porto. We are creators in our fields, thinking strategically about how digital tools can make reporting more transparent and targets more controllable. If you see yourself as a coach, playmaker, planner and problem solver, we invite you to be a part of our team.
Ensuring correct and daily execution of key responsibilities in the adidas Global Business Services Center according to the requirements of the company Accounting Manual and specific group policy for Direct-to-Consumer (DtC) accounting.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Handling, monitoring and posting of bank statements;
- General Ledger and Accounts Receivables accounts reconciliation, investigating and following up differences;
- Monitoring and following up of differences between systems interfaces;
- Support the successful execution of all accounting activities for DtC areas, ensuring work is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Perform period end closing activities such as accruals, provisions and balance sheet reclasses;
- Perform inventory accounting and post adjustments;
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation, accounts review and provide variances explanations;
- Close contact with the local Finance Teams across adidas subsidiaries located in Europe and Americas and Customer Service teams, handling daily queries.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good Accounting knowledge;
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English in a business setting;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Problem solving mindset and analytical skills;
- High degree of customer orientation;
- Be a team-player;
- Experience with SAP is an advantage;
- Experience in a Shared Service environment is an advantage.
- 5 years relevant work experience in the accounting / business area;
- Masters in Accounting, Business Management, Economics or related areas.