CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Identifies and develops new sales opportunities, provides product solutions, ensures customer satisfaction, and maintains positive ongoing relationships to maximize sales for the company within the government segment. Introduces company products and services to new and/or existing government entities. Develops and maintains accurate sales and/or revenue forecasts and management of quota funnels.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing sales in the government markets by identifying new sales opportunities by contacting prospective customers by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas.
- May develop and manage customer relationships in order to retain existing revenue and attain additional business. Develops additional sales opportunities within the customer account(s) by implementing actions to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company.
- Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing government accounts.
- Learns and develops further knowledge of new technologies and selling points which includes enhancing expertise in the company's product application technologies.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 7+ yrs
- Field of Study: Business, Marketing/Sales, or similar
Other Job Requirements
- Experience calling on government customers preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Experience in solution selling IP, data, voice, and video network services.
- Experience in strategic, technical, and business communications application sales
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in selling to the close.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete an online assessment immediately after applying. Completion of the online assessment is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the assessment. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Alternate Location: US-Maryland-Columbia; US-Virginia-Arlington; US-Virginia-Herndon; US-Work From Home-Work At Home
Requisition #: 227111
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.