As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Do you want to:
- Create the future for Ericsson’s Radio Product Portfolio?
- Work visionary and strategically?
- Work with the latest technical challenges?
- Ensure world leading performance?
- Work with the most experienced and motivated radio engineers in the world?
Then this is the perfect job for you!
We are looking for Section Manager – Radio Systemization and Features, who will be driving a portfolio view on high level product and functional systemization, ensuring feature systemization and development plans, along with governance and technical coordination within radio and towards other PDUs.
The position is based in Kista and may require travel to other PDU Radio sites in Sweden, China and Canada.
Radio Systems & Technology
In PDU (Product Development Unit) Radio, System and Technology, the Radio Product Visions and world leading products are born, the future technology is foreseen, and the best performing features and functionalities are developed. All creating the Radio Product portfolio that secures Ericsson technology leadership. Functional System team is developing the whole radio product portfolio for Ericsson; covering 4G, 5G and the future. Radio is a key product area for Ericsson and the team covers all product development phases from early conceptual studies for new products or features, to feature and product development until customer delivery.
In mid-2019 PDU Radio launched a new organizational to facilitate change:
•From radio boxes to functions and modular architectures
•Enable key technologies faster and shorten product TTM
•Meet the portfolio demands more efficiently with better quality
•Strengthen product architecture and systemization
•Move from a too tactical setup towards a more strategic one
•Develop the competence and careers of our people through a targeted People Plan
You will be responsible for
- People leadership and developing high performing, highly engaged teams and individuals
- Feature and Functional systemization and evolution
- Serviceability, O&M and energy performance
- IWD (HW &SW) and preinstalled software (PIS)
- Product management
- Cooperation and alignment with relevant parts of other PDUs
- Database governance
- HWAC (internal system) management
To be successful in the role you must have
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering / Engineering Physics / Data communication, or equivalent such as relevant working experience
- Solid product development background in wireless communications
- Experience from System/Software/Hardware development
- Products development knowledge, with focus on Radio products
- Proven significant experience leading development teams
- Ability to support line independent program flows
- Ability to work with both short-term and long-term objectives, involving the big picture as well as implementation details.
- Hiring Manager: Head of Radio Solution Systemization 2
- Recruiter: Kamila Zych (email@example.com)
- Please submit your application documents in English by October 30th, 2020
- Role is based in Kista, Sweden
- Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Curious to know more about life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our film:
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status-quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || ProdMgt; R&D
Req ID: 451208