With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under immediate supervision by their shift Team Leader, the Seasonal Operator performs various duties within the plant. Perform a variety of general laboring activities, including sanitation and operating equipment.
- Follows safety policies.
- Moves portable pumps that are attached to 4-wheel carts.
- Sluices tanks using 1½" or 2" sluice hoses.
- Takes gauges on tank levels by bottom or top gauging methods.
- Builds hose line ups utilizing pumps for product transfer, tank cleaning.
- Washes the interior and exterior of tanks.
- Cleans restrooms using mop and sanitizing cleaners and perform all associated janitorial functions.
- Empties trash cans and pick up trash throughout the facility.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Required to work any shift.
- Required to lift up 50 pounds.
- Required to work overtime if necessary.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
- Experience handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to extreme cold and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Requisition ID: 67541
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.