With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under general supervision, performs the seasonal routine physical and chemical analysis of grapes, grape products, alcoholic beverages, water and other related materials pertaining to the operation of the company and related entities while observing the department's safety practices, procedures and quality system.
What You Will Do:
- Performs the routine analysis utilizing appropriate distillation, titrametric, colorimetric and instrumental methods during the grape harvest season.
- Operates laboratory instruments such as an auto-titrator, refractometer, density meter, ion specific electrodes, gas chromatographs, high performance liquid chromatographs, infrared analyzers, atomic absorption spectrometer, balances, turbidimeters, and other instruments as required to perform duties.
- Analyzes and processes laboratory samples.
- Receives rush samples, prioritizes samples and tests, analyzes samples and reports results in a timely manner as specified.
- Enters test results into the laboratory information management system in a timely manner.
- Selects and prepares chemical solutions used in the laboratory.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned by the Supervisor including, but not limited to, sampling, cleaning, record clerk duties and special projects.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate, plus 3 years of Laboratory Technician experience; OR Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a combined 12 college coursework units of chemistry, biology, and/or microbiology
- Required to possess strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Required to lift and carry cases of product that can weigh up to 45 pounds.
- Required to maintain 3 shift availability (day, swing, and graveyard); required to work overtime when necessary.
- Required to conduct work at extreme heights.
- Required to be at least 21 years of age.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel and MS Word at a basic level
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Food or Fermentation Science, Viticulture/Enology, Microbiology, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Biological EngineeringSkilled in the use of MS Excel and MS Word at a basic level.
- Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Skilled in writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Experience speaking before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Skilled in working with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Skilled in applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Skilled in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 71144
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.