|City:||Urbana, AR, United States|
|Location:||Urbana Plant – CSP Services (AR05)|
Who We Are:
Canfor – a leading integrated forest products company and one of the world’s largest producers of sustainable lumber, pulp and paper – is a recognized employer of choice and an exciting place to grow your career.
We have an established presence in the southern US and in Western Canada, as well as sales offices around the world, and are proud of our committed team of over 6,500 employees.
- Safely inspect, weigh and record data for all trucks and traffic entering the plant site across the scales
- Estimates and records average log length and stem count
- Ensures logs purchased by the Company are assigned to the correct tract and dealer
- Inspects logs for knots, rot, and other defects, deducts estimated waste from total volume, and records results
- Inspects logs for compliance with log specifications assigned to the plant site, deducts estimated waste from total volume, and records results
- Identifies logs of substandard grade for return to supplier or transfer to other processes
- Performs housekeeping, maintenance, and other duties as assigned in the scale house area
- Provides excellent customer service for truck drivers
- Communicates and directs traffic flow of trucks loading and unloading at the plant site
- Communicates plant safety rules to all truck drivers
- Counts log crane inventory on a regular basis and as required
- High School Diploma with 1 year experience in log purchasing or Associates Degree preferred
- Ability to use a computer to enter data and prepare reports
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, intermediate computer skills
- Ability to multiply, divide, and add in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Must be certified or have the ability to be certified as a Weigh Master
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- SPIB Certification or equivalent Lumber Grader Agency Certification considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-developed people and team building skills
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
As we continue to expand our company and our markets, now is the ideal time to grow your career with Canfor. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Join Canfor for the stability, exciting career opportunities and growth potential while working for a recognized industry leader.
El Dorado/Urbana, AR
This operation joined Canfor in 2015 following our acquisition of Anthony Forest Products and plays a key role in Canfor’s growing presence in the US South.
Historic El Dorado and nearby Urbana are located in the Timberlands region of South Arkansas. Nestled near the calm waters of the Ouachita River, this oil “boom town” of the 1920s has evolved over the years into an area rich in southern charm, history and well-known festivals. The citizens of El Dorado have made education a priority demonstrated by their school district being known for its innovation and unsurpassed financial support. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/el-dorado-ar