Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Provides sanitation services including trash and hazardous waste collection, transport, and disposal in assigned and/or project areas.
1. Provides sanitation services through the removal, transport, and disposal of all regulated medical and non-regulated waste in all assigned areas as specified in the respective task schedule following specific policies and procedures.
2. Monitors the flow of general waste to prevent improper disposal of all waste according to applicable regulations. Notifies site leader or manager in the event of improper disposal of waste. Brings questionable waste materials to site leader or manager.
3. Cleans and maintains Environmental Services equipment and returns to designated storage area. Maintains the cleanliness of trash areas such as dock and compactor areas.
4. Reports any safety defects or work hazards to site leader or manager
5. Adheres to safety guidelines and regulatory compliance in using chemicals and equipment. Ensures proper disposal of waste materials.
6. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures. Readily adapts to organization thinking.
Education: High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
Experience: No experience required. On the job training provided. Previous institutional cleaning experience desirable
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: N/A
Other Minimum Qualifications: Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Close attention to detail is essential.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 29705
Employment Status: Regular Part Time
Location: CRMH – Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. every other weekend
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.