Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Cascades Containerboard Packaging – Lancaster, a Division of Cascades New York Inc. is seeking an experienced sales representative to develop new sales and relationships with potential new customers as well as manage existing customer sales growth in Rochester, NY and the surrounding areas. The chosen candidate must have two or three years’ experience in industrial sales or a related product with preferably a diploma in Sales/Marketing or equivalent. Experience in the corrugated box, protective or graphic packaging industry would be considered an asset, but more important is your proven ability to add value in the industrial sales arena.
- Ensure that the development and achievement of sale objectives are in keeping with the strategic plan for his/her business unit.
- Promote and sell solutions and products that are adapted to the needs of clients and refer products from other groups as needed.
- Ensure that volume growth and/or account profitability are maintained (prospecting).
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and promote Cascades' product line.
- Keep a watch to develop market intelligence (best practices, trends, segmentation, competition, etc.) and share it within the organization.
Business Objectives Alignment
Ensure that the development and achievement of sale objectives are in keeping with the strategic plan for his/her business unit
Apply sales best practices that are in keeping with Cascades’ strategic orientations
Apply the pricing strategy
Document administrative activities related to his/her sales (e.g., contracts, promotions, forecasts)
Ensure that volume growth and/or account profitability are maintained (prospecting)
Organize all activities to maximize efficiency
Facilitate discussions between his/her department and the departments concerned
Promote and sell solutions and products that are adapted to the needs of clients and refer products from other groups as needed
Corporate Responsibility and Governance
Comply with the ethical standards of Cascades’ and its business partners, and represent Cascades’ image
Client Focused and Innovation
Encourage his/her clients and unit to suggest ideas for improvement and innovation
Develop his/her network in the business community (e.g., industry, associations, clients)
Keep a watch to develop market intelligence (best practices, trends, segmentation, competition, etc.) and share it within the organization
Maintain professional relationships with clients and promote Cascades’ product line
Core competencies defined for this job
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in industrial sales; sales experience in corrugated box/packaging industry would be considered an asset
- Bachelors degree
- The preferred candidates should have technical knowledge and excellent aptitude to communicate with customers, colleagues and partners; should be rigorous, having effective follow-up
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal aptitude is essential
- Technical computer skills essential
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.