CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Manager Commercial Sales II is responsible for all aspects of sales within the encompassing business product portfolio to all small, mid-sized and select large businesses including education and government customers. This position will report to the Area Vice President and will be the sales lead for a team of six to eight sales representatives; prior experience in telecommunication sales with experience leading, coaching, and mentoring other sales professionals in value selling, prospecting, proposal creation, and sales closing skills.
The Main Responsibilities
- Ensure assigned business accounts across all industry sectors receive professional account management yielding both improved revenue growth and retention for the company and continuous improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Development of relationships with key individuals at the CXO level among client base and local business community.
- Hire and develop top performing sales personnel
- Establish and maintain a true team environment with unified accountability for the client experience.
- Create and maintain a dynamic territory management plan.
- Direct daily sales activities.
- Supervise creation, refinement and implementation of account strategies and tactics.
- Assist with deal construction, framework, and approvals.
- Serve as an evangelist for our corporate vision and guiding principles.
- Create a challenging, empowering, and fun work environment.
- Collaborate / provide feedback with supporting corporate departments.
- Support business development efforts.
- Demonstrate thorough and exact accounting of business metrics.
- Ensure the professional growth and success of direct reports.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and 5+ year telecom or related technology sales experience.
- 2+ years previous Manager level leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in building strategic plans for sales team growth and development including account and activity planning and development.
- Experience mentoring, training and developing high performance sales teams.
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and sales performance/tracking programs.
- May require some travel.
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Prior Sales Management experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of the customer base in the local market.
- Demonstrated stable track record of success in Sales, with 1½ – 2 years consecutive experience within one company within the last 5 years
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix
Requisition #: 224691
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
<span style=”font-family:”Georgia”,serif”>When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position and your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.