Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to ensure accuracy of customer shipments, expedite shipments, coordinate with wave planning, advise the shipping department, and ensure daily routing goals of the apparel and footwear distribution operation teams are met.
• Independently seek out process improvements.
• Lead projects for improvements and document any time savings.
• Lead presentations with routing team and other key groups.
• Requests routing for high volume, high profile, key customer accounts that do not have routing assigned to them at time of planning.
• Develop professional relationships with customers, vendors, sales force, and customer service.
• Responsible for knowledge of all defined key accounts routing processes and procedures. Must be able to assist with any key account when needed.
• Assumes responsibility for providing accurate information as an effort to avoid chargebacks to the company. Works with Compliance to research violations and provide solutions.
• Communicates with Customers, Traffic departments, Carriers, Shipping, Compliance, Wave Planning and Customer Service to ensure and verify that the customer’s routing requirements are followed.
• Monitors reports to ensure all assigned accounts’ orders have been planned and shipped by expected start ship dates.
• Research chargebacks from customers on shipments and provide solutions where needed.
• Maintain SOP’s for assigned accounts.
• Provide Shipping with daily load information on all loads shipping from the apparel and footwear facilities.
• Works closely with the shipping department to ensure timely and accurate shipments for all customer accounts.
• Customer Service
• Wave Planning
• Customer Account Traffic or Logistics
• Compliance Team
• Trucking Company Dispatch
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to interact closely with distribution management, customer service, customer traffic departments and trucking companies. Ability to read, write and interpret communications in the English language.
• Must possess a working knowledge of distribution, logistics, transportation and routing procedures.
• Possesses the ability to function well and be professional at all times in a fast paced environment, to learn and adapt quickly, and to be an independent thinker.
• Must possess strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize based on company KPI’s.
• Must be comfortable presenting to groups.
• Ability to execute complex key account routing requirements.
• Ability to problem solve quickly, independently, and professionally.
• Initiate or assist in process improvement discussions within the key accounts group.
• Must possess a working knowledge of WMS.
• Strong computer skills/knowledge required, preferably of Distribution.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel.
• Access database experience is a plus.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree
- Previous Distribution, shipping or routing experience required
- Previous WMS experience preferred.
- Or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification or equivalent knowledge of Microsoft Office products required
adidas participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law (AZ, GA, IN, VA, FL, NC, SC, UT). For more information click on the link below: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=38700f4752f0a210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=38700f4752f0a210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD