Drives store profitability by meeting or exceeding sales targets and controlling operational expenses. The core expectations include managing all resources within the store to provide customers with a leading shopping experience while ensuring flawless execution of effective and efficient store operations.
- Allocates resources and organizes processes to drive profitability in a variety of situations and market conditions.
- Manages an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customers by ensuring visual merchandising and housekeeping standards are maintained consistently throughout the store.
- Creates a culture where all store activity and assets are vehicles for showcasing and driving Brand equity.
- Ensures store team compliance with all store policies and procedures in addition to providing suggestions and ideas on ways to improve systems and processes.
- Drives continuous improvement in stockroom processing and replenishment procedures.
- Minimizes loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Tracks store performance data (e.g. best sellers, weekly forward demand and sales per square foot) and responds with solutions that drive commercial success.
- Applies understanding of behavior and patterns of the store’s customer base, drawing conclusions for making relevant adaptations to service and/or product offer.
- Actively monitors customer satisfaction and feedback systems to drive continuous improvement.
- Leads service by example and ensures highly visible and effective customer service management at all times.
- Actively ensures Brand and product knowledge is transferred into sales skills in all relevant categories.
- Coaches, motivates and inspires team members to accomplish store goals and maximize their individual performance.
- Creates a high performance culture in store by setting clear expectations and targets, analyzing team performance, holding team members accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback, including actively managing poor performance.
- Works with Multi-Store Manager to identify strong performers with potential for growth along the Retail Field Career Ladder.
- Manages the recruitment, onboarding, training and development of the store team and ensures all HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Actively collaborates and shares best practices with peers to drive District team performance.
- Communicates a desire to learn and seizes all available opportunities to drive own development and increase performance.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
- Excellent Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office.
- Knowledge and understanding of profit and loss statement and store KPIs to make commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills as well as the ability to use good judgment and make strong independent decisions.
- Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Well developed ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write English
- Ability to maintain reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability and willingness to travel by car and air domestically.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and operate a Brannock device.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, typically 10-12 hours per day during peak seasonal periods.
- 4 year college or university degree in business, retail management, or related field.
- Minimum 18 months experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment with a minimum 12 months of Store Management experience.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.