Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO USA
Since the mid 1960's, Austria Haus Hotel has welcomed skiers from around the world to experience Western luxury and sophistication wrapped in European charm. Inspired by authentic, family run ski chalets of the Austrian Alps; this exquisite, 25-room boutique hotel emanates warmth and hospitality from the moment you arrive.
The Resident Manager assures that company brand standards are implemented in all aspects of the Austria Haus. Ensures the efficient, high quality operation of the front desk team and housekeeping team. Provide overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the front desk and housekeeping department. Be able to manage multiple tasks and be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure. Servicing the hotel guests in a friendly and efficient manner is the #1 priority Managerial duties will include but are not limited to, scheduling, managing difficult guest situations, tracking labor and accuracy of payroll reporting, ordering, staffing, performance management, and disciplining.
- Manage hotel inventory and work together with reservations and LAV to plan for oversell situations in order to maximize revenue, prevent room block issues and ensure proper room availability
- Assist Lodge at Vail for MOD shifts when Austria Haus is closed and as needed be able to fulfill all job duties of a front desk agent at both hotels.
- Assist with daily supervision and coordination of housekeeping staff
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics in dealing with guests, coworkers and subordinates.
- Responsible to coordinate VIP arrivals and departures as well as tracking upgrades done through the front desk and creating detailed guest profiles.
- Respond to individual guest issues as they occur and communicate with the rest of the team to resolve and for awareness.
- Attend stand up meetings, ROCS, pre-cons, resume meetings, safety committee meetings, front office manager meetings and site tours as they come up.
- Conduct daily hotel room inspections and communicate results to DOO, HSKP team and engineering team ensuring that all emergency, safety, and cleanliness standards are being met.
- Conduct total hotel Brand Standard audits weekly and give feedback to DOO and follow up with associates.
- Perform all special projects as requested by the DOO as well as all performance management documents and evaluations for all direct reports.
- Respond to all Medallia surveys that are required and continuously drive Trip Advisor initiative with staff and report out to the DOO
- At least one year experience in a hotel front office role. -required
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English both written and verbal. -required
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours. -required
- Experience with IQware. -preferred
- Minimum 2 years front desk supervisory or managerial experience at similar hotel. -required
- Must have a valid driver's license. -required
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. -required
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule. –required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 232091