No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 74532 – Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
The Research Scientist, TI Personal Care is part of the team responsible for inspiring and enabling the technology teams to act upon deep and incisive learning of people and their experiences with our products and categories. The knowledge and insights they generate will enable R&D teams to make informed business decisions, deliver our strategic growth initiatives, and drive innovation. The role will explore and pilot new ideas for methodologies used to generate insights on new prototypes, formulations or concepts. The incumbent will ensure work is prioritized against the strategic Growth initiatives identified by the company.
● Participate in providing understanding of People, Categories and Cultural to members of the R+D Personal Care Team to ensure that their new formulations and packaging ideas, are linked to the current and emerging needs and demands of our users around the world.
● Explore and pilot new ideas for elevating the methodologies used to generate insights on new prototypes, formulations or concepts. Seek new methodologies to generate deeper and richer insights and better meet new and emerging category needs. Look to include new sources of learning, such as Digital, and new approaches such as Analytics
● Distill learning to meaningful insights which provoke R&D action that drives business growth.
● Deliver compelling, concise communication to senior Insight leaders of key findings and insights and always include a POV on possible implications of each study.
● Develop clear conclusions and actionable recommendations and look to help drive outcomes based on the learning, as well as gain feedback to be used for future testing and assessment
● Ensure that proposals for new work, reflect efficient and appropriate Research Budget Spending. Work with Category TI Leader on development of Learning plans and associated Budget Funding prioritization. Provide input to the development of annual insight plans
● Utilize multiple resources of learning to generate insights with an understanding of how a variety of Analytical approaches could help deliver superior learning
● Be a constant advocate for a “People Centric Mindset” in all testing and learning that is needed to support the Business and Technology needs.
● Play an active part in developing and sharing Category Learning, both from own work and from others, is communicated and embedded into the Technical Community
● Ability to work proactively and with limited supervision. Confident to take appropriate decisions within an Agile Working environment.
● Bachelor Degree in such areas as Sensory Science, Psychology, Statistics, Food Engineering/Science, Marketing is preferred
● Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience is required
● Solid understanding of traditional qualitative and quantitative sensory; consumer research tools;
● Awareness of Analytic tools and their power to identify insights.
● Strong communication skills, with a clear confidence to speak-up during meetings.
● Comfortable influencing cross-functional stakeholders
● Desire to drive outcomes and being prepared to commit to activation.
● Energized by new product development
● Curiosity about consumer needs and R&D technologies
● Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Agile experience a strong plus
● Facilitating and leading workshops or immersive experiences a plus
● Proficiency in Google Suite.
● Project management experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.