A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Are you a personable, customer-service oriented individual? Are you interested in helping people protect their future? Are you interested in a career with an industry leader? If so, New York Life Insurance Company may be the company for you.
The Retail Annuities – Third Party Distribution service operations provide service to brokers, bank representatives and beneficiaries on New York Life fixed and Variable Annuity Products. The Senior Representative will be focused on processing routine and complex claims transactions, including conducting research and communicating with customers and third party distributors.
- Within regulatory guidelines, process routing drumming of beneficiaries on client accounts that were placed in death, ensuring that the policy and customer information are accurate and processed with expediency
- Conduct research and call out to outside broker/dealers, bank representatives and third-party marketers in the resolution of locating beneficiaries for claims
- Advise brokers, bank representatives, beneficiaries and their representatives on contract provisions and related laws, regulatory requirements, and company procedures
- Respond to general written and oral inquiries concerning claim options, claim rejections and administrative procedures
- Process routine and complex death claims for beneficiaries on client accounts
- Provide backup support on 800 toll free as needed
- Work on special projects and death notice reporting assigned by the leadership team as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent years of related experience. High School Diploma or GED required
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 license (preferred)
- The ideal candidate should have 2 or more years of customer service and administrative experience
- Accountable, ethical, good decision-making ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong technical and analytical skills required (proficient PC skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype, with the ability to navigate multiple applications at once)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively
- Positive, customer focused attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations
- Thought leader and team builder
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.