Requisition ID: 105862
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Operations
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Alberta (CA-AB)
Location: Sobeys West Calgary Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We are currently looking for a Representative Customer Service in Calgary to provide an exemplary customer experience, reflecting a “customer first” attitude, to build and maintain trust in our commitment to quality products and customer service.
As a Customer Service Representative some of the key things you'll be responsible for in this role will include:
- Receive customer / store contacts via phone, e-mail, letter and fax while, in a timely manner, follow through to resolution according to established guidelines
- Engage with customers / stores in a manner suitable for a public forum and maintain a professional, calm and empathetic communication style
- Keep manager informed of potential escalation situations and emerging trends
- Maintain a professional, calm, and empathetic communication style
- Maintain up-to-date contact records with all relevant data and details including customer, contact, product, follow-up, and resolution
- Accurately categorize and rate contact types according to established guidelines. Update as appropriate throughout the resolution process
- Assign all tickets/inquries to correct area of responsibility
- Develop strong working relationships with retailers and other areas of responsibility within the company
- Ensure claims (Heat Tickets) are entered in SAP accurately and within 2 business days
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Proven customer service skills with related work experience
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Proven time management skills, ability to work to deadlines and a strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- General familiarity with database navigation and use
- Familiarity with social media channels
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
Shifts work required – see shifts below
- Sunday to Thursday – 9:00am to 5:30pm (Sunday 6am to 2:30pm)
- Tuesday to Saturday – 9:00am to 5:30pm ( Saturday 6am to 2:30 pm)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.