Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
R&D Engineer II
About the role:
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Rhythm Management (RM), we offer solutions for treating irregular heart rhythms and heart failure and protecting against sudden cardiac arrest. In addition, we offer solutions with 3D mapping and navigation systems, radiofrequency ablation catheters, diagnostic catheters, EP recording systems, and intracardiac access sheaths. Boston Scientific develops, manufactures, and markets a broad array of products and services that enable less-invasive care for some of the most threatening cardiac conditions. We’ve been expanding indications and conducting pivotal research for nearly 20 years, resulting in increased access to the lifesaving and life-enhancing benefits of ICD and CRT therapies.
Responsible for providing mechanical engineering support in the creation and development of new EP catheters.
- Researches, develops, designs, and evaluates: mechanical and electro-mechanical materials, components, assemblies, processes and/or equipment.
- Solves engineering problems by analyzing the situation and recommending corrective or alternative actions.
- Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality.
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities.
- Write and submit intellectual property (patents).
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Writes validation and verification protocols and reports applicable to new test methods and products.
- Investigates and evaluates existing technologies and manufacturing techniques.
- Reviews or coordinates vendor activities to support development.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently to plan with little guidance, assist with scheduling and executing activities necessary to meet project timelines.
- Hands-on approach to problem solving.
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 0-3 years experience.
- Minimum of a 3.0 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale.
- Solid modeling experience designing products, components or fixtures
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as welding, soldering, bonding, and molding.
- Success working on a team and developing practical solutions to complex and difficult problems.
- Experience defining test methods, conducting testing, writing technical reports, and presenting results.
- Experience setting up DOEs.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 461630