Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 83582 – Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
The Quality Systems Team Leader is primarily responsible for laboratory operations and ensuring that the site labs conduct testing in conformance to Colgate Palmolive Standards and Guidelines as well as all local regulatory requirements. The Quality Team Leader is responsible for implementing Laboratory Control programs that ensure all sampling; testing and retention programs and documentation meet and is in conformance to the requirements of the Quality Standard 024 – Laboratory Testing. In addition, the quality team leader partners and supports site cross-functional teams with the compliance of Quality Standards and building food safety/quality culture. Quality team leader is responsible for building relationship and maintain regular contact with Hill’s plant quality groups and Global Analytical.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing raw material, in-process and finished product analytical testing program in compliance to Colgate Standard 024 – Lab Testing and supporting SOP’s
- Ensures all testing is performed according to corporate methods, laboratory requirements, applicable regulatory requirements, and policy. This includes administration of a laboratory quality assurance system that covers analyst qualification as well as equipment IQ/OQ/PQ, calibration, maintenance and use of analytical reference standards.
- Responsible for interpretation, validation and documentation of results and ensuring timely & proper communication to management.
- Ensure that a systematic investigation of laboratory out-of-specification (OOS) results is conducted by adhering to global SOPs . This includes proper documentation of non-conformances including LIR and adhering to CAPA standard.
- Ensure NIR program for raw materials, work-in progress and finished goods are managed and maintained
- Pro-actively conduct trending on finished product & raw material results and provides recommendations, if needed. Identifies and initiates quality improvements. Advises improvements to process, product, quality systems and working instructions. Measures and report plant Quality KPI’s
- Conduct formal Quality Standards and internal/external systems audits on the analytical lab and implement changes to close any gaps, and keep quality team informed about progress and potential risks.
- Understand and use laboratory safety equipment and instructions, precautions in handling, storage and disposing of reagents and chemical waste in accordance with local environmental regulations.
- Develop, design and deliver all analytical aspects of quality training including new hire, new process, new equipment and new policy training.
- Liaisons with the Pet Nutrition Center and Tech Transfer role for the commissioning of new diets and formula changes to prepare for manufacture within the plant
- Manage Quality / Lab operational budget
- Supports Food Safety Programs at site in driving Quality culture
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
Basic qualifications include:
- BS degree in Chemistry or related scientific field such as Food Science, Environmental Sciences or Biology
- 2+ years of experience in analytical lab food, pharmaceutical and environmental industry
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred qualifications include:
- Require 2+ years of demonstrated laboratory supervision skills
- Demonstrated performance of project management and time management skills
- Knowledge of statistical process control tools
- SAP Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.