Are you a Leader? Do you drive change? Can you promote continuous improvement?
If so, Dart Container is seeking an industry-proven and detail-oriented Quality Manager to join our leadership team!
Your leadership will help proactively identify areas of opportunity to add value for Dart and to our customers. This role will be the link for ensuring the implementation of Dart’s Quality System in a large facility, with 700+ employees. A focus on Key Performance Indicators ( KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service will enriching our efficiencies linking the mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to the Manufacturing strategy.
Qualities we are seeking include:
- Technical on-point
- Ability to develop strategic plans
- Identify training and development needs
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives
- Coordinate objectives within the facility to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
- Comfortable with and enjoy continuously evaluating opportunities for improved efficiency, quality, safety, and service
We are looking for you to serve as a plant technical expert on quality assurance, process improvement tools, and problem-solving. Overall, you will help us continue to achieve our goals and to remain the leader in setting the industry Standard of Excellence.
Day to Day Role:
- Manage and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers.
- Take ownership and demonstrate the leadership necessary to achieve goals specific to Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency and Employee Development
- Monitor KPI’s anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise the achievement of targets
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives and coordinate objectives with manufacturing to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Ensure the quality system is effectively implemented including all prerequisite programs (e.g. BRC, HACCP, product safety and security, traceability, pest control, etc.) and lead the development of “audit-ready at any time” philosophy within the plant. Plant lead for all audit activity.
- Enforce corporate quality assurance (CQA) procedures and network with CQA and other plants to share best practices
- Analyze nonconforming materials and complaint data to identify improvement opportunities.
- Exert leadership within the facility to ensure that teams and activities are identified to address the root causes of failures. Monitor the effectiveness of actions taken and initiate further action when previous actions are found ineffective.
- Serve as technical expert and resource for quality assurance, process improvement tools, problem-solving tools, material, and new product trials
- Ensure quality and product safety certifications are maintained (I.e. BRC, SFI)
- Ensure customer complaints are investigated promptly and thoroughly and appropriate Corrective Action Responses are written and implemented. Work with customers to ensure requirements are met and work with suppliers to resolve issues as needed.
- Develop procedures, work instructions and visual standards as needed to drive improvement and ensure implementation
- Assist in identifying and developing audit/inspection criteria which are effective in preventing or controlling deficient or problematic processes
- Direct the work, plan and approve resources, quality project plans, and schedules
- Consult with company, third party agencies, and external customers regarding quality and product safety audits and certification inquiries and projects
- Analyze technology trends, market demands, feasibility, costs, and customer demands that may affect the quality
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal Quality Manager candidate must possess all the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of quality-related experience demonstrating a progression of increased scope and responsibility
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience with strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated mastery in quality methods, procedures, and processes
- Experience using various statistical and quality methodologies including but not limited to Statistical Process Control (SPC), Statistical Quality Control (SQC), 5S, 8D, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis, Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R), and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Advanced knowledge of products, materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of products
- Ability to be on-call 24/7 and work weekends
- Work is split between an office environment, production facility, and/or warehouse
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to obtain and maintain formal certifications American Society of Quality Certified Engineer, Certified Quality Auditor, or Certified Quality Manager
- ASQ certification
- 6 Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing multi-shift or continuous operations
- Paper converting, chemical/plastics processing and packaging industrial experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.