Swan Island Dairy, part of the Kroger Network, is pleased to announce new openings on our Quality Assurance Team. Our 24-hour facility provides milk, water, juice, and ice to Oregon and the greater Pacific Northwest under the Fred Meyer and QFC labels.
In addition to long-term employment opportunities in an essential industry, this position offers:
- Starting wage of $20.20 per hour with a raise to $26.96 per hour at the end of a successful training period
- A work week of four 10-hour shifts
- Night shift premiums and classification differentials
- One week of paid vacation after first year, two weeks after two years and increase to three weeks after five years
- 6 paid Holidays with 2 floating holidays per year
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance
- Annual bonus potential and employee discounts at all Fred Meyer and QFC Stores
Company Name: Swan Island Dairy
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Participate in programs to sustain compliance with Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality requirements. Responsible for product tests, audits and calibrations. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of SQR and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform required product tests, audits and calibrations to ensure food safety and ensure consistent quality.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Complete tasks on “If down, do” lists.
- Complete safety observations as assigned.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe, quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math and computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Associate degree in related field
- Minimum of two years previous quality assurance lab experience
- Knowledge of food safety programs, microbiological and sanitation concepts
- Functional knowledge and use of Microsoft Office
Education Level: Bachelor’s Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
States: Oregon; Washington
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Portland || 4950 N. Basin Ave || 97217 || Swan Island Dairy || None || Dairy; Manufacturing; Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None