Vulcan Industries has been providing merchandising display solutions for over 70 years. We take pride in our diverse customer base which includes some of the world’s best known retailers and brand marketers. With domestic and off-shore manufacturing, as well as sales offices in key markets across the country, we offer global solutions in today’s global economy.
Under general supervision, develops and designs manufactured products. Combines artistic talent with research on product use, marketing and materials to create the most functional and appealing product design. Prepares sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, artwork or blueprints. Years of Experience: 1-3 years. Fabricates prototype display racks and other fabricated units for presentation to prospective customers by sales personnel. Builds units to customer specifications utilizing engineering directions and blueprints. Sets up & operates a variety of shop equipment and tools. Assists production personnel on specialized operations. Drives forklift to move raw materials and finished products. Maintains housekeeping in work area.
Essential Job Functions
1) Reading blueprints
2) Setting up and operating production equipment
3) Using hand and power tools
4) Effective communication with engineering & production personnel
5) Reporting to work regularly and on time
- At least 1 year experience in welding, preferably resistance or mig.
- Must have basic mathematic skills and be able to add, subtract, multiply & divide all units of measure.
- Perform basic math operations with common fractions & decimals.
- Ability to read and compare similarities and differences between words and series of numbers.
- Ability to read blueprints, instructions, tape measure & calipers.
- Ability to write simple sentences, series of numbers, names, and addresses.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate various machines, such as: Welders, shears, brake presses, drill presses, power & hand tools, power saws, grinders, measuring tapes, calipers, protractors.
- Must be able to obtain a Forklift Certification.
- Inside, non-climate controlled environment, variable work days and hours. Overtime will be required.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Kneeling, crouching, stooping, reaching, feeling
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.