Protein Technical Service Intern
Automated Production Systems, an AGCO Grain and Protein brand is seeking a highly talented, Protein Technical Services Intern to join our team at our Sioux City, Iowa location for the summer of 2024.
As the Protein Technical Services Intern you will be responsible for providing swine equipment technical and design support for our customers and dealers that include:
- Diagnosing problems they are experiencing
- Explaining the operation of the product
- Finding parts and/or part numbers customer is looking for.
- Helping with new swine site startups including testing all installed AP equipment, programming controls, and training customers on how to use their equipment/products.
- Perform swine system design / quotations including selecting the appropriate equipment and putting together a complete quotation for the dealer/customer.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working effectively in a team environment
- Enrollment in a degree program such as Ag Systems Technology, Agricultural Engineering or a related field
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Understanding of wiring schematics preferred
- Swine production experience preferred
This is a paid, full-time internship during the summer of 2024 at our Automated Production Systems location in Sioux City, IA. Students are required to work forty hours per week on-site or at our office in Sioux City from May through August, 2024. Housing in Sioux City will also be included.
What We Offer
GLOBAL DIVERSITY – Diversity means many things to us, different brands, cultures, nationalities, genders, generations – even variety in our roles. You make us unique!
ENTERPRISING SPIRIT- Every role adds value. We’re committed to helping you develop and grow to realize your potential.
POSITIVE IMPACT – Make it personal and help us feed the world.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES – You can combine your love for technology with manufacturing excellence – and work alongside teams of people around the world who share your enthusiasm.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOU – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.