At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 85 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
For the adidas, Digital Partner Commerce (DPC) is a key strategic priority and the overall objective to build a further successful pillar of our commercial business model besides Retail, Wholesale and eCommerce.
DPC has seen tremendous growth over the last 2 years and is fully on track to achieve its Route 2025 targets.
The project manager eCommerce frontend will manage and deliver small–mid size DPC projects (< € 200k), significant RFCs or sub-elements of mid-scale projects on a local or global level across brands and respective functions within the boundaries of time, cost & quality while focusing on the customers’ expectations and requirements. With the key focus on onboarding new partners in Partner Program.
Role & Responsibilities:
Lead and manage to successfully deliver the assigned project or RFC, end-to-end, ideally through applying PMI methodology effectively
- Ensure full understanding of project scope to be able to design detailed project plans.
- Stakeholder Communication and managing expectations throughout the project delivery.
- Manage the execution and completion of the defined project plan by effectively coordinating people and resources.
- Monitor and highlight any project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project plan and make suggestions to implement corrective or preventative actions.
- If required, support any changes for the respective project and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits.
- Finalize all activities across the projects to formally close and hand over the project, ensuring project documents are approved, completed, maintained and stored appropriately.
- alignment and collaboration between all functions to understand required links to company standards and operational processes ensuring smooth and fast roll-out of partners.
- Operational processes standardization promises significant synergies as well as holding the challenges of understanding differences in markets, channels and organizational structures and aligning with key stakeholders through defining and implementing standards.
- Define, build and transform business needs in best practices to stream line operational process to ensure smooth roll out of new partners and increasing productivity with existing partners.
- Lead business improvements and internal alignment processes generally within the Partner Program cross-team to enable us to manage this fast-growing and complex business efficiently and to scale.
- Identify changes in process and requirements to ensure we meet our company needs.
- Partner Program Sales Targets (by brand and overall)
- Delivery KPI’s of the Projects
- WE Partner Program Team: Platform Trading, Business Development, Platform Operations
- Global IT
- Senior Management eCommerce
- GOPS / eCom OPS
- Finance – GBS
- Business Units
- Strategy & Planning
- EU eCommerce Team: Operations, Master Data, Financial Services, Analytics, Sr. Leadership
- EU Key Account Management teams
- EU & Global system owners
- EU & Global IT counterparts.
- eCom Eu Management team
- eCom Legal
- adidas Financial Shared Services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Business and domain knowledge
- Business mindset: very good numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in managing projects on a global level. Ideal candidate would have managed ecommerce and digital projects.
- Ecommerce enthusiast
- Vision and strategic mind-set with the ability to sell ideas
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and uncertainty and to quickly adapt to changing business processes and business partners
- Ability to lead, influence and gain cooperation from individuals without solid reporting line
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Pro-active (self-motivated & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end
- ability to manage multiple projects while being detail oriented
- Excellent stakeholder management. Ability to negotiate and influence will be paramount to success
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various technical and business issues
- Excellent MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups), especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Hands-on, can-do attitude
- Tools knowledge preferred (Slack, JIRA, Confluence, Skype for Business, Google docs).