- Requisition ID: 222735
- Relocation Authorised: National – Single
- Project: NS&E, UK
- Location: Various Locations, UK
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
Project Background and Job Overview
This position is for an Project Information Engineering Manager (PIM) who will work a multi-year United Kingdom (UK) nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi-billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Project Information Engineering Manager (PIM) is responsible for organizing the optimal deployment of information management systems across the programme taking account of Customer generic requirements and specific project aspects including information security, statutory requirements and commercial strategies. The PIM is expected to have good knowledge of Bechtel’s administrative practices and will supervise and coach related specialists (including Document Control and BIM). This role will report to the Business Manager.
The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered. The work will be performed in various locations across the UK.
This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Works with Bechtel Functions and the Customer Team to design the IM architecture and strategy for large scale projects in the programme
- Reviews and validates Customer Team’s requirements through all stages of project delivery
- Takes the programme IM strategy and develops the project IM governance (PEP/Automation/IM Plan) considering client and specific project requirements.
- Mobilize project IM organization and programme-wide division of responsibility based on project defined requirements
- Participate and provide input to other project procedures relating to IM scope on the programme. Develops, as required and ensures compliance of project specific IM procedures
- In alignment with functional requirements, coordinates and implements the integration and standard data flows to ensure data integrity and delivery internally on projects.
- Leverages corporate standards and develops criteria and procedures for auditing and integrity checks to ensure data quality via reporting and analytics
- Ensure Bechtel data security protocols are established and implemented as well as incorporating any project specific data security protocols above the Bechtel standards
- Manages and coordinates the deployment of the project application portfolio and systems to ensure they fit in with the overall IM strategy
- Provides input and manages changes to the project application portfolio through all phases of the project
- Execute project application technical support and deployment models in line with current Bechtel standards and project specific needs.
- Manage project software licensing, maintenance and budgets
- Champions innovation across the Project by establishing a culture for ideas and improvement opportunities to be raised, considered and implemented.
- Continually seeks ways in which various work processes and applications supporting them can be utilized to support the Project and drive efficiency. Shares best practices with corporate and other projects.
- Liaises with GBU and Corporate Innovation teams on the development and deployment of new initiatives and technologies.
- In alignment with functional requirements, develops, coordinates and implements the data handover requirements and methodologies externally for our customers
- Participate in, and facilitate turnover of information to the client
- Participate and facilitate information archive and closeout
- Management and provide oversight of IT infrastructure operations on the project
- Demonstrated experience of managing IM teams on large complex projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, coordination skills with project, customer, peer groups (within and outside IS&T), and related stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to appraise and develop team members
- Experienced in an external facing role with direct client interactions on behalf of the project team.
- Thorough understanding and experience of automation, application portfolio and lifecycle application management and implementation
- Proven record in innovation, strategic planning, and work process improvement.
- A strong understanding of data modeling and governance/analytics methodologies and industry practices
- Must have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of standard automation tools, software development process & system analysis, and the solid knowledge of project / application work processes.
- Understanding of industry principles and regulatory requirements around data integration and data delivery (e.g. PAS-1192)
- Knowledge of data analytics techniques, systems and tools
- Knowledge of data at scale, relational databases, hadoop, and machine learning.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies: (Agile, Kanban, etc), and the understanding of next generation development platforms (Scientific Python, Node.js, iOS, Android).
- Knowledge of the software and integration architecture of the core EPC applications (e.g. Hexagon, Autodesk, Bentley)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an SC security clearance.
- Will have worked as part of a management team engaged in an EPC/EPCM delivery model on a major infrastructure programme of >£500M capital value.
- Will have provided IM leadership on at least two projects of capital value >£500M
- Will have provided IM leadership on at least one UK infrastructure project adopting a PMC delivery model
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Experience facilitating multi-discipline meetings to resolve technical and related requirements compliance issues.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- APM / PMI certified or equivalent.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.