Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Directs the successful development, implementation and integration of fundraising initiatives in alignment with Parkland Health & Hospital System toward achieving its mission, goals and objectives. Directs activities and coordination of Foundation staff in system-wide business planning, integrating philanthropic funding into system operating and capital budgets and serves as the liaison for operational alignment around philanthropic priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Strategy, Planning, Health, Business Administration, or related field.
- Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Must have 8+ years professional experience in project management, strategy, planning, operations improvement, communications and/or quality and performance improvement, to include 2 years working with senior leaders.
- Prefer experience in a public health and/or academic health system.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must demonstrate ability to function as a relationship and consensus builder among diverse teams including leaders, physicians, nurses, community partners and others.
- Must be a strategic thinker with excellent project management, financial analysis and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate strong business and change acumen as well as service orientation.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skill in resource and staff management including budget and personnel practices.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to set priorities and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible and have ability to re-prioritize and shift action plans quickly and effectively to meet unforeseen deadlines and deliverables.
- Must be sensitive to political, cultural and legal issues related to hospital system operations and fundraising and be able to function both independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Must have understanding of healthcare environment and/or related social services
1. Drives implementation of Parkland Foundation's strategic philanthropic priorities and other initiatives through the development of action plans and collaboration with clinical and non-clinical leaders and other staff responsible for implementation of strategic activities.
2. Establishes and maintains a portfolio approach to the system initiatives determined to be philanthropic priorities against a community health improvement backdrop, provides recommendations for core services and aligns and balances within the portfolio.
3. Identifies donor investment opportunities and priorities.
4. Establishes consistent frameworks and processes for project management of all initiatives and provides direction for use among Foundation staff.
5. Collaborates with Foundation staff to implement, assess and revise plans.
6. Collaborates with stakeholders, identified leaders of system initiatives and community partners to ensure successful collective impact/meet goals. Internal collaboration includes, but is not limited to, Strategy & Planning, Enterprise Project Management, IT, Finance, Operations, Office of Talent Management and Facilities.
7. Manages and processes requests for philanthropic funding from executives, departments and other staff. Tracks progress against requests and responds appropriately to requestors.
8. Works with Foundation finance and operations teams to ensure that progress against philanthropic priorities aligns with revenue and cash flow goals.
9. Ensures that current information about each project is accessible to fundraisers for accurate proposals and reports to donors/prospects.
10. Identifies and collaborates with appropriate system leaders to represent philanthropic priorities when communicating with donor and prospect audiences.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.