Candidate will be in charge of supervising crew chiefs and hourly employees. Primary responsibility is to assist each employee to perform to the maximum of their ability to insure quality products for the lowest cost. Shift is yet to be determined.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Assuring that employees perform their duties in a safe manner according to safety rules, policies and procedures AND ensure that all operations areas are in compliance with specified safety rules, polices and procedures.
- Plan and supervise and be responsible for all production activities in assigned plant.
- Coordinate with Supervisors of other shops to insure efficient flow of materials into and through shop.
- Obtain help from staff departments for such things as tooling, equipment selection, plant layout, labor relations, cost data, safety and quality control to effectively carryout duties.
- Plan and schedule work to meet completion date through Production Control Expeditors and department schedulers.
- Inspect quality of work performed within the department to insure quality standards and accurate counts.
- Search constantly for better ways to reduce costs by improving production techniques, tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Instill in employees the desire to reduce costs.
- Maintain discipline and efficiency in department.
- Maintain accurate records as required for the efficient operations of the shop.
- Candidate will need to be able to work any shift (1st, 2nd or 3rd); shift has yet to be determined.
- 4 year degree preferred
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 Years knowledge and experience in weld manufacturing processes preferred
- Prior Supervisory experience a plus, but will consider individuals with supervisory interests and extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints
- Must possess workflow and organizational skills; be self-motivated problem solver; and effectively direct, supervise and motivate assigned employees
- Strong commitment to quality/safety/efficiency
Current employees need to inform their current managers of their interest to apply for the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.