Requisition Number: 41257
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Scope of Position:
- Troubleshoot and repair all production equipment, support equipment.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and make the necessary repairs on all equipment of a high complexity nature.
- Read and understand medium complexity electrical, schematics, wiring diagrams, machine repair manuals, and related written instructions.
- Operate various machine tools such as lathes, mills shears, brakes, drill press, welding equipment and power hand tools used to perform repairs.
- Assist in the movement of equipment for building expansion.
- Complete all maintenance related paperwork such as work orders, lockout/tagout forms, preventative maintenance records, and material requisitions.
- Maintain safety and quality standards by using acceptable housekeeping practices on equipment and work area.
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
Hours of work/work schedule:
- 1st shift, Monday – Friday from 5 AM to 1:30 PM
- High School/General Education Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience performing maintenance on manufacturing or similar equipment.
- Ability to read and understand high complexity electrical, schematics, wiring diagrams, machine repair manuals and related written instructions.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment as necessary.
- Possession of personal hand tools.
- Perform building related tasks such as woodworking, framing, drywall, painting, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
- Ability to train lesser skilled employees.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System, and use of a computer.
- Team player.
- Results oriented; active problem solver.
- Self-starter; works with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.