Production Associate 1-1
Internal ID: [[id]]
Primary Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Employment Status: Full-Time
Pay Grade: GRD_040
Want to work for a company that gives you opportunities to grow in a collaborative environment? How about working for a global manufacturer with a rich history and even brighter future?
Armstrong World Industries began over 150 years ago as a small cork-cutting shop in Pittsburgh, PA. From that small business, we became the global leader in ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions that contribute to better, more inspiring buildings that can improve how we all live, work, learn, heal and feel. At Armstrong World Industries you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Come build your future with us!
Under the direction of the Value Stream Manager with frequent guidance from a Team Leader, this position is to be responsible for performing a variety of tasks critical to executing the safe operation of highly automated manufacturing equipment in accordance with company guidelines and customer requirements. Performance of these tasks is critical to the Safety, Quality, Reliability and Cost of the plant production lines. The plant runs continuously 24 hours a day 5 days a week. Associates can expect to work weekly rotating shifts and are eligible for shift pay and overtime pay. New associates will enter into a 6 month probationary period.
Rotating shift example:
Week 1 – Monday – Friday 7:00am-3:00pm
Week 2 – Monday – Thursday 2:45pm-12:45pm
Week 3 -Monday – Friday 7:00am-3:00pm
Week 4 – Monday – Thursday 2:45pm-12:45pm
Overnight shift example:
Week 1 – Sunday Night – Friday Morning 11pm-7am
Week 2 – Monday Night – Friday Morning 9pm-7am
The ceiling tile manufacturing process includes running and monitoring machines that cut, size, paint and package ceiling tiles and shipping finished products to customers. Everyone must work at keeping his or her work areas and the plant, orderly, clean and safe. We celebrate safety as our most important work standard. We have well defined safety start up and shut down operations for all equipment and we train all operators on these crucial processes.
What We Expect from Our Employees:
– Total focus on safety
– Ability to work weekly rotating shifts and overtime
– Willingness to continuously improve processes and reduce costs
– Full engagement in your work duties
– Highly collaborative team mindset
– Personal ownership for work and product quality
Overview of the Work:
– Safely start up, operate and shutdown production equipment and periodic lockout / tag-outs to clear line
jams or machine repairs. Follow all safety policies, procedures and participate in Hilliard safety system.
– Perform basic operator maintenance checks on production equipment to make sure the production line is
able to make quality product, safely
– Perform quality inspections of products to achieve quality standards, minimize rework and contain non-
– Read, understand and adhere to daily production schedules
– Make production entries into computer systems
– Ensure good housekeeping standards by keeping assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and
– Perform material handling of raw materials, Goods In Process and finished goods, safely
– Perform other related duties as assigned by the production lead or management
Environment and Physical Requirements
– Frequent standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching, grabbing, pulling, carrying, going up and down
– Dusty, wet environment that is not climate controlled.
– Exposure to fiberglass and other dusty materials.
– Must be able to lift 60 pounds
– Must be able to rotate through all core positions
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
– High school diploma or GED required additional education a plus
– 2+ years of prior industrial or warehouse experience preferred
– Prior experience with lean/process improvement preferred
– Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in core production roles within 30 days of hire.
– Must be able to earn forklift license and maintain competency with driving a forklift
– Must be able to work overtime as needed
– Must able to work without direct supervision and have an excellent balance between people and the tasks at hand and ability to work and be attentive to a team environment.
– Must be able to work rotating shift schedule
Benefits offered by Armstrong World Industries
Armstrong is proud to offer a starting rate of pay of $19.31 per hour, with additional upside potential including shift differential, annual bonus and career advancement via our pay for skill system. We also offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off for vacation and holidays, product discounts and educational assistance.
Armstrong’s Pay Scale:
Level 1-1 – $19.31
Level 1 – $21.15 (after completing 180 probationary period)
Level 2 – $23.11*
Level 3 – $25.36*
Level 4 – $28.44*
Level 4.5 – $29.83**
Level 5 – $31.84**
Level 6 – $33.57**
*To obtain Level 2, 3, and 4 the employee must go through our progression system.
**To obtain a leadership position which is a Level 4.5, 5, 6 the employee must go through the internal interview process.
Plus a .50 cent shift differential for rotating shift and a $1.00 shift differential for 3rd shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer: AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets