Product Specialist, Western USA
Location: Eastern Montana MUST BE LOCATED IN EASTERN MONTANA
Travel: 50-75% depending on seasonal need
Direct Reports – None
Join the team developing cutting edge agricultural technology.
Intelligent Agricultural Solutions LLC (Intelligent Ag) is looking for people who are ready to push the boundaries of what’s possible in agriculture. We are looking for people with passion and perseverance to join our team and help bring solutions to farmers and growers.
Intelligent Ag prides itself on our agricultural focus and connection to both the people and the land. We strive to bring game changing technology to all facets of the agriculture industry. Our reputation matters and we focus first and foremost on delivering exceptional customer value and support.
Intelligent Ag emphasizes personal and professional growth for all our team members. We encourage self development and provide the support and guidance suited for you. Expect to find a rewarding, fulfilling culture and career with us at Intelligent Ag.
As a Product Specialist, you are tasked with solving product issues and delighting our customers with excellent service and support. You will be part of our Product team and focused on product support while assisting with product management and engineering activities. Product Specialists contribute to all functions of the Product team and have a breadth of exposure in many aspects of the product life-cycle including ideation, verification, continuous improvement, and obsolescence.
Product Specialists are the first contact for customers or dealers in the field who are experiencing issues and an expert in one or many of our diverse product lines. You will be challenged to provide a great user experience at the worst of times, when a customer is unable to use our products to their full value. Product Specialists collect feedback from our customers and share it with the Product team to help make our products better. You will also participate in the definition of new products and current product improvements, as well as having an opportunity to help us test new features to affirm if our intended value exists.
Product Specialists facilitate direct interaction with our dealers and customers by performing training and demonstrations. You will also lead efforts in your territory such as test farm utilization, trade show attendance , agronomic studies, and voice of customer work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides exemplary customer phone and field support in collaboration with the Sales team and Operations team. Focus on solving problems over the phone, and traveling to customer locations to perform onsite support when necessary
- Answers phones and addresses customer needs with timely and accurate information. This includes information on product installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Tracks and reports customer issues and resolutions with sufficient and accurate details
- Performs assisted installs of products for demonstration, training, and sales support. Company tools provided
- Facilitates customer and dealer training and demonstrations in collaboration with Sales. This includes virtual and in-person events
- Facilitates creation and maintenance of Test Farms in collaboration with Engineering
- Collects and reports Voice of Customer feedback from customers, dealers, and other agricultural entities
- Plans for and attends trade shows to support the sales team and gain market knowledge
- Facilitates agronomic studies to gain territory specific knowledge on agronomic value of our products
- Actively participate in department and other department meetings when asked
- Participate in Product Management and Engineering activities such as business case development, technical writing, roadmap discussions, product testing, and verification
- Identify and participate in self-development and growth opportunities to develop your own abilities as an individual contributor and leader.
- Response time and resolution of end user and dealer product support questions and issues.
- Identify, implement, and measure product and process improvements which lead to less product support issues and calls.
- Frequency and quality of dealer and customer product and process training
- Successfully accomplish 80% or more of personal quarterly and annual rocks
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED and/or training or equivalent combination of education
- BASc. – Agribusiness Degree or higher in an Agriculture related field preferred
- Mechanically inclined
- 2 years or greater customer support experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong detail orientation and excellent follow-through
- 2 years or greater experience in the Agriculture and/or Construction markets preferred
Why Work at Intelligent Ag?
Intelligent Ag is focused on dramatic growth and innovation. With that in mind, we are committed to providing opportunities for individual growth and career satisfaction, and assisting employees to realize their potential by providing appropriate training and development opportunities.
Intelligent Ag is an advanced technology business that designs, manufactures, and supports electronic, mechanical, and software products for agricultural applications worldwide. We create high-value products for customers through the innovative application of cutting-edge technology. Our hardware design teams work primarily with sensing equipment, while the software development team specializes in the development of mobile and multi-platform integration applications
Culture is Everything
Our culture is deeply rooted in our company purpose and core values. We love what we do and we’re passionate about it. Everyone at Intelligent Ag is helping to build a company that is meaningful and impactful. We are defining the direction of a rapidly growing business. We work hard, but we also have a little fun along the way.
Intelligent Ag is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.