JOB TITLE: Product Owner
Would you like to make a difference to the world’s food security issues and manage the lifecycle and product development of digital services in agriculture? If so, AGCO has the perfect opportunity for you.
We are currently looking for a Product Owner to join our Digital Services team. In this role, you will be a key member of the team in aligning the development and execution work streams of the Digital Services product portfolio to meet the needs of the end customer (the farmer). The Product Owner is responsible for translating market needs into product development requirements to increase customer perceived value. This will be your contribution to our goal of creating “solutions dedicated to farmers to sustainably feed our world” in close collaboration with the Product Manager and other key stakeholders.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITES
- Representing the various needs of digital product solutions with a unified voice to the team by engaging your users: farmers, sellers, and dealers. This will result in creating a backlog that represents the highest value for the products while optimizing the use of common platform elements and maximizing value for farmers.
- Ensuring that the backlog items you prioritize are agreed upon by stakeholders (scope and priority) and are well understood by the core team members responsible for delivering them.
- Leading communication with technical teams and other stakeholders to determine the business value of proposed features and products in relation to anticipated costs.
- Facilitating communication and resolving obstacles with key stakeholders on behalf of the team; Product Management, Manufacturing, Procurement, Sales, Marketing, and other areas of key partnerships.
- Lead the facilitation of planning activities, product reviews, and backlog refinement with the team/key stakeholders to maximize product value.
- Inspect product progress and have the authority to accept or reject work done based on the definition of ready and definition of done.
- In alignment with the Product Manager and the Architecture Review Board, oversee and manage the product throughout its lifecycle to ensure it meets customer expectations while optimizing operational costs and generating adequate revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, Management or Engineering.
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of digital or emerging technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Product Owner role or similar function (e.g., software product development management)
- Demonstrate a mindset focused on curiosity and continuous learning, remaining open to new knowledge and developments in the field.
- Apply strong business judgment to make informed decisions and drive relevant outcomes for the company.
- Show a keen interest in understanding the operations and daily challenges faced by our clients in the agricultural sector.
- Possess a ‘can-do’ attitude and demonstrate a highly positive demeanor.
- Ability to work in a diverse, global, and dynamic work environment.
- Decision-making ability with limited guidance.
- Have a solid experience in developing and supporting reliable software solutions, using methodologies such as Cloud and DevOps (an asset).
- Possess in-depth knowledge of agricultural products and systems (an asset).
- Have practical experience in digital services, including various business models such as subscription, pay-per-use, and dynamic pricing (an asset).