Job ID: 82744
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
A professional Leading the feature/ product solution E2E, has a clear understanding of the requirements and solution, and able to articulate, communicate and convey these to the development/ scrum teams. The Product Owner:
- Gathers and analyzes the product/ solution requirements, writes the backlog, verifies it with all relevant stakeholders; Dissects the requirements into user stories; Prioritizes the backlog based on business value; Defines 'done' criteria.
- Responsible for creating and grooming the backlog and its maintenance.
- Leads the ongoing work with the development/ scrum team and other POs through all product/ project lifecycle, while reporting to the Product/ Project Manager/ Lead PO.
What will your job look like?
- You will liaise with the product manager to understand the product roadmap, features and changes in product requirements. Translate product roadmap into manageable product backlog and documents the epics/stories – consulting with product management, development, delivery, customers, etc.
- You will work with R&D to provide and refine estimations for projects, features, epics and stories. Prioritizes product backlog and supports the release planning and sprint planning exercises.
- You will support Focus Teams during sprints
- You will review, approve and design all product enhancement suggestions raised by Delivery, customers, Support and R&D.
- You will own and supports product readiness activities such as L2 training, WDP
All you need is…
1. Backlog grooming and planning – Responsible of gathering and understanding the business requirement and building the backlog (creation, prioritization and breakdown), features and changes in scope requirements; Translate business requirements or product roadmap into manageable backlog and documents the epics/features/stories; Consulting with customer/ product manager and multiple stakeholders across all working streams; Backlog should cover all functional and non-functional aspects and include 'done' criteria. Leads and/ or participates in estimations definition and/or refinement for projects, features, epics and stories.
2. Release/PI Planning –an active participates in the PI/ Release planning, the PO conveys the vision and goals at the beginning of every Release/PI and Sprint/ Iteration; Prioritizes backlog and supports the release/PI planning and sprint/iteration planning.
3. Execution & Support – Support the development team/ scrum teams and provide ongoing early feedback during sprints/ iteration (business clarifications, adjustments for risk, reprioritizations, changes in scope, approving 'done' stories); Review and approves all design gaps and/ or solution enhancement suggestions driven from relevant stakeholders (external and/or internal); Take an active part in all planning & retrospectives activities.
4. Lead the solution of the scope items under his domain through all project/ product’s lifecycle
5. Represents the customer/product manager, interfaces and continuously engages the customer / product manager and stakeholders to ensure the Team is building the right solution and therefore delivering the expected items.
6. Product Readiness (as part of core product lifecycle) – Owns and supports product readiness activities such as L2 training, WDP (Well Defined Proposal), TACT, documentation, etc.
1. Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering
2. MBA (optional)
Why you will love this job:
- You will be responsible for Driving marketing research together with third party vendors to create thought leadership around offering domains to establish Amdocs as a key player
- You will develops and executes a cross-organization sales enablement plan and deliverables to address different needs per role and region for all Sales.
- You will engage with customers on a broad level to deliver marketing messages and supports lead initiation and sales efforts.
- You will drive participation in industry events (speaking, participation, sponsorships, awards, etc.), as relevant, to drive lead generation and awareness.