Requisition ID: 113502
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Tahoe Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work closely with Business functions, EPMO and other IT teams? As a Product Manager on the Product Team at Sobeys in our Stellarton, NS office, you will have the opportunity to work with different teams to support the consistent delivery of a high quality products through integration, analytics and testing standards.
As a Product Manager with Sobeys you will:
- Manage a multi-skilled team in charge of a portfolio of products through its entire lifecycle.
- Articulate the business value to the Product Team to understand the intent behind the new product or product release.
- Work with Business Partners to lead the development and ongoing refinement of the overall Product Strategy and Roadmap.
- Own and ensure the backlog management is always current, accurately prioritized and categorized.
- Manage a team supporting career development, performance evaluation and people management.
- Ensure the solution is built and configured to meet the business objectives and delivers the intended value.
- Ensure the overall solution / service design meets the business objectives and expectations and is aligned with all organization and industry standards.
- Work with the Developers and Testers to ensure compliance to the organizational quality standards for new or enhanced products or services throughout the delivery lifecycle.
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, related degree, or relevant experience in Technology.
- Able motivate team members and know how to efficiently make important decisions.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross functional teams.
- Strong understanding of a product life cycle.
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.