Company Name: Kroger Manufacturing
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the processing and pasteurizing of raw and condensed products through a defined step by step process to ensure fulfillment of company, state and federal guidelines. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure all known pathogens are pasteurized and product is homogenized according to specifications.
- Run and maintain pasteurizer and other related equipment within dairy production environment.
- Closely monitor production process and follow standard operating procedures for product batching and processing.
- Verify all charts including frequency pen, cut in/cut out temperatures and product recording temperatures.
- Monitor fats, total solids, allergens, cryoscopy and other items related to processing dairy products.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Maintain sanitation of equipment including Clean in Place (CIP) and hand cleaning.
- Operate equipment at recommended speeds and communicate mechanical and operations issues as they arise.
- Operate and clean equipment with a sense of urgency to maximize throughput and minimize downtime.
- Transfer materials, supplies and products between work areas using moving equipment and hand tools.
- Monitor process and surroundings in order to anticipate and prepare for any changes in production.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and associates and notify them of any problems or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple instructions, short correspondence, gauges and memos
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Basic writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced, wet environment with some exposure to chemicals
- Ability to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, and holidays
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Experience in manufacturing environment
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 10241 E 51st St || 80239 || Kroger Manufacturing || None || Dairy; Manufacturing || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None