Requisition Number: 40443
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning’s businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
SCOPE/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Execute, monitor, and analyze assigned IT process to continuously improve the overall delivery of IT Products and Services
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement, execute, analyze and improve IT processes using best practice and Lean knowledge
- Ensure IT and business processes effectively and efficiently integrate with other existing businesses
- Periodically conduct maturity assessments/internal audits to measure process performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Oversee efforts to build organizational understanding of the process (purpose, outcomes, expected impact, rationale and need)
- Routinely monitor process adoption and use and identify opportunities increase both
- Develop, implement, and monitor metrics for process effectiveness, adoption, efficiency, and outputs
- Monitor and report activities/ exceptions that do not adhere to the defined process
- Proactively communicate important process changes and supporting rationale
- Utilize ITSM systems/processes and specialized techniques for continuous improvement (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management)
- Other duties as requested
- Minimum of associates degree in relevant field; bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years relevant operational experience
- Sr level experience with ITIL and IT Service Management processes
- Sr level experience with ITSM tools
- Sr level experience with process design
- Sr level experience with IT metrics and Service Management analytics
- Experienced technical writing capability
- Effective leadership, organization, and planning skills, with ability to handle changing priorities
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills
- ITIL Certification preferred
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with training and development of virtual training techniques
- Up to 25% domestic & international travel
What sets us apart? Corning’s unwavered commitment to Diversity. Diversity is integral to Corning’s belief in the fundamental dignity of the individual – one our seven Values. We are committed to providing an environment where all employees can thrive! This begins with an understanding that our global workforce consists of a rich mixture of diverse people. This diversity will continue to be a source of our strength as well as a competitive advantage. If you are up to the challenge of working for an extraordinary organization that makes real, profitable advanced materials, then visit Corning’s website at www.corning.com
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.