Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Boston Scientific is dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. Boston Scientific is committed to ensuring the safety and security of these medical solutions.
Boston Scientific is seeking a Medical Device Product Systems Engineer-Cybersecurity whose primary responsibility is to support the safety and security of the Rhythm Management group’s medical devices, products, applications and supporting infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible and lead all security related activities during the secure development life-cycle, both pre- and post-market.
- Drive security and privacy design decisions during product development. This includes involvement in design activities such as use-case development, requirements development, technical discussions, new technology reviews, sprints, code reviews, vulnerability analysis, incident response, penetration testing, audits, and related activities.
- Drive and be accountable for the system security architecture of all BSC CRM products.
- Support the development and maintenance of security processes across the lifecycle of products.
- Support development teams in incorporating security principles and best practices into new and legacy product designs.
- Develop and drive security road maps for products to maintain product security in light of technology advances, obsolescence, and vulnerability/exploit updates.
- Be the product security expert contact for internal and external queries (e.g. IFUs, MDS2s, security white papers, risk assessments. ISAs, customer questions, ICS-CERT, FDA)
- Plan and lead periodic security exercises
- Provide analysis to leadership on industry-wide security events, changes in the security regulatory landscape, and other security news of note.
- Coordinate security consultant assistance in product design and security process improvements.
- Support assisting health care customers in performing risk assessments for BSC CRM products.
- Bachelor's degree plus at least 10 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred. Certification (i.e. INCOSE) preferred.
- Experience with the development of security aspects of systems in a regulated market such as Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive or Defense industries. Medical device experience preferred.
- Have maintained a cybersecurity background which is supported by suitable qualifications (e.g. CISSP) and professional membership.
- An understanding of the current security guidance related to medical devices
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge, understanding and experience of using a range of security and information assurance techniques, allowing candidate to demonstrate a proven track record, using specific examples, of highly complex, high risk/vulnerable projects.
- Ability to demonstrate practical experience of implementing information security management systems for products, services or systems.
- Experience developing secure products using a Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Quality System Requirements
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Requisition ID: 466996