Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of infrastructure and operations management experience at a global scale.
- Broad experience in data center, networking, storage, server, Linux and cloud technologies.
- 7+ Experience in operations management, including monitoring, configuration management, automation, backup and recovery.
- Past experience with IaaS or PaaS implementations worldwide strongly desired.
- Broad knowledge of release engineering: build, integration, deployment and provisioning.
- Specific experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon EC2 deployments and virtual machines.
- Skilled at collaborating effectively with engineering teams.
- Ability to simplify complex situations and lead calmly through periods of crisis.
- Experience implementing and optimizing operational processes.
- Ability to provide technical direction, prioritize tasks to achieve goals, identify dependencies, report on progress.
- Excellent communication skills.
Desired Technical Skills
- Strong fluency in Linux environments is a must.
- Good SQL skills.
- Scripting and/or programming skills and the ability to develop custom tool integrations.
- Integration between multiple systems using their published API’s.
- L2, L3, load balancer, routing and VPN configuration.
- Kubernetes, ISTIO (service mesh) configuration and management.
- Expertise using version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
- Configurating and maintenance of database technologies such as Cassandra, MariaDB, Elastic.
- Open source configuration of monitoring systems such as Nagios, Sensu or Prometheus.
- Configuration of log pipeline technologies such as ELK, FluentD, GROK, rsyslog, Google Stackdriver.
- Utilization of configuration management tools such as Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware, Docker, Kubernetes.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.