EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
EBSCO is looking for a new Principal DevOps Engineer to join their Stacks team in Edmonton, Alberta. This can be a 100% remote position, working anywhere within Canada or the US.
Stacks is the first turnkey, responsive web platform with plug and play integrations and mobile apps connected in real time. The goal of Stacks is to create world class library experiences connecting local content, catalogs, and electronic resources together in one place. Stacks creates a seamless user experience on any device, anywhere.
Under broad direction, this person will be responsible for all cloud R&D and engineering, mission critical data center and storage engineering operations. The principal may provide direction to less experienced infrastructure specialists and participate in the oversight of the technical direction of high availability, disaster recovery, security, patching, monitoring data center and storage performance. Must be proficient with Stacks technology stack
- Develop utilities and scripts to help with effective onboarding and integration of new servers and applications where applicable
- Contribute to consolidation and retirement of tools
- Deliver automated solutions.
- Lead teams to help support various business needs, pertaining to tools / solutions.
Routine Maintenance / Operational
- Work with the Enterprise Teams to develop and onboard pipeline applications and systems for Systems patching and Certs Renewal.
- System support for upgrades/maintenance
- Understand and contribute to lowering the current backlog of security vulnerabilities, and patching hosts
- Collaborate with developers and product owners to develop high-quality solutions
- Work with existing monitoring solutions and instrument applications to provide insights into performance and to understand emerging issues
- Provide technical assistance for code builds and deployments
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable schoolwork indicating study or knowledge in this area
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT Operations and/or Development with background in support of platform components.
- 3-5 years’ experience with DevOps technology, programming and scripting •Ex: Jenkins, CI/CD, Python, Docker, Ansible, Git(hub), Consul, Elasticsearch, Puppet, Ruby, PowerShell
- 3-5 years’ working in an Operating System administrative role- Windows Server 2008/2012, Redhat Linux 6.0+, SUSE, CentOS
- Interest to learn physical hardware infrastructure, building physical servers in a Cisco environment using UCS tooling
- Understanding of concepts of network/file protocols including HTTP, SFTP, XML, HTML, etc..
- Interest or experience in Agile methodology
- Written and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and increase knowledge set
Important things that you will bring to our culture, but things that we can’t teach:
Drive – Positive Attitude – Good Judgement – Open Communication – Collaboration – A Desire to Make an Impact – Eager to Understand – Accountability – Decisiveness – You’re a Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.