Requisition Number: 41390
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
The purpose of this position is:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of machinery to manufacture finished good items such as pipettes, plates, and racks.
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Operates line equipment in assigned cell and may be assigned to numerous cells including molding press machines, assembling and packaging of product, monitoring output quality and quantity, and making minor adjustments to machines within defined parameters
- Records production information and event occurrences
- Performs daily housekeeping and waste removal
- Performs routine monitoring and inspection activities per product specifications at each stage of production
- Completes production records, recording relevant data onto forms or via electronic data entry; ensures accuracy and good documentation practices per company standards
- Stages raw materials, in-process products, and finished products per current procedures
- Works with tools, cleaning equipment, and chemicals demonstrating proper safety precautions
- Relieves other team members for absences or break periods and rotate duties as required
- Assembles, packages, labels, palletizes and stages products per specifications & procedures
- Good working conditions.
- Exposed to constant noise of machinery and occasional fumes; none to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Hearing protection and gloves are available; use of appropriate PPE where required.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds and up to 35 pounds rarely.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- No experience required; manufacturing experience preferred
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.