Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 54121
Performs administrative and clinic support duties within physician operations to ensure efficient daily office operations and to support the delivery of safe and quality patient care.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No professional certifications required
- One year of experience in administrative or office management role (physician office clinic setting preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare, or related field
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in full suite of Microsoft Office and other Windows-based applications
- Serves as primary contact and resource for patient appointment scheduling; may include collaboration with centralized contact center teams.
- Maintains provider and resource schedules through the use of Epic and system tools; may include oversight of schedule disruptions, development of inpatient service schedules, updating room scheduling tools, etc.
- Works to meet all department and CPG patient access goals and metrics.
- Coordinates with clinical teams to ensure all information and resources are available for patient care; may include scheduling interpreters for clinic visits, obtaining medical records, etc.
- Reviews and answers Epic InBasket messages, emails, and phone calls related to scheduling, patient access, and other administrative requests.
- Optimizes schedule utilization by monitoring and managing patient recall and wait lists, work queues, appointment referrals, etc.
- Addresses patient communication including faxes, mail, inbound and outbound phone calls, patient forms, etc.
- Performs general administrative duties to support department/office including creating correspondence, filing documents, photocopying, answering and routing calls, collecting credentialing documents, submitting expense requests and meeting coordination.
- Orders and stocks supplies perform record-keeping and/or cash reconciliation activities, act as liaison to other departments and/or vendors, take minutes at meetings, and perform quality management functions as necessary.
- Prepares minutes, agenda, and coordinates other meeting materials in a timely manner.
- May be responsible for basic payroll or timekeeping activities, human resources paperwork, and/or database record maintenance as necessary.
- May perform other department-specific duties and other assignments as appropriate.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Not Present
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Administrative/Clerical Supp – Administrative/Clerical Supp