Dart Container's Waxahachie, TX plant is looking for a Plant Engineering Manager to join our team! As the Plant Reliability Manager, you will be responsible for managing the engineering, maintenance and manufacturing facilities operations at one of our larger plants with 700+ employees. Our Waxahachie facility is creating some of our key product lines and more! In this role you will have the opportunity to directly see the results of your work by developing improvement of machinery and processes.
- Provides management of engineering services for the installation, maintenance, and improvement of machinery, equipment and facilities
- Troubleshoot, analyze, identify, evaluate, propose, implement, and document maintenance plans and performance metrics:
- Failure, analysis, and corrective action procedures
- Equipment capacities and risks; and
- Other engineering solutions
- Develop and implement of preventive, predictive, and autonomous maintenance plans
- Investigate root-cause for repetitive damage and failure rates, and calculate costs that do not meet or follow the maintenance plans
- Evaluate, recommend, and acquire tools for use, including process analysis software, and other physical tools and resources specific to reliability and maintenance improvement
- Lead training efforts to ensure maintenance technicians have needed resources for standard operating procedures (SOP’s), work instructions, specialty tools, and updated Preventive Maintenance (PM) kits
- Direct teams to assess progress, analyze problems, facilitate solutions, identify resources and adjust plans as needed
- Identify and recommend short- and long-term business strategies, understand and drive industry best practices
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on applicable machinery, equipment and facility for cross functional projects
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in engineering or related field
- Seven (7) years of engineering, facilities and/or machinery maintenance experience
- Five (7) years of progressive supervisory experience
- Two (2) years of specific experience performing maintenance and equipment reliability
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
- Demonstrated project management experience by having successfully managed and completed a large, complex engineering project
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Understanding of reliability tools and strategies including direct experience facilitating Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) or Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Advanced knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of products
- Knowledge of business and management principles specifically as it relates to maintenance planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance
- Ability to utilize and train employees of varying levels/skills on technology, processes and procedures
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Five (5) years of specific experience performing maintenance and equipment reliability
- Ten (10) years of engineering, facilities, machinery maintenance and/or reliability experience
- Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering
- Experience managing multi-shift or continuous operations
- Paper converting, chemical or plastics processing, or packaging industrial experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.