1501 Hartford Street
Lafayette, IN 47904
WHAT WE NEED
Encouraging PT assistants
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Once a Physical Therapist has evaluated a patient and determined the course of action, the Physical Therapist Assistant often takes charge. This job requires someone who is comfortable following and giving orders. Someone with a careful eye who can modify exercises as needed and make sure the patient is doing them correctly. It’s a hands-on, patient-focused job with big rewards as you watch your patients increase function and mobility.
Are you a positive, pleasant and encouraging person? Are you able to follow orders and accurately communicate exercises and plans? Are you professional and thorough? If so, we have a job waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide direct patient care to the patient under the supervision of a Physical Therapist and compares with initial evaluation.
- Follow interventions developed for both short and long term outcomes.
- Teach appropriate treatment, procedures and supportive activities to patients and family members.
- Communicate with patient, Physical Therapist, Physician to contribute to a collaborative care plan.
- Communicate changes in patient condition and resolves problem list with Physical therapist based on care coordination.
- Attend mandatory and clinical educational offerings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of home health regulatory standards and policies of agency.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunity for continued learning.
- Utilize time productively.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
License(s): Basic Life Support Program; Physical Therapy Assistant
Certification(s): Not Applicable
Travel: Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.