Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 53061
Maintains pharmacy and nutrition billing systems to ensure the completeness and accuracy for pharmacy and nutrition charges.
- No professional certifications required
- 1 year of experience in pharmacy and/or accounting/bookkeeping
- Bachelor of Science in Business Studies
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Intermediate computer operation skills, including system management skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Performs billing and daily charge reconciliation to ensure that all pharmacy charges are posted to patient accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with the 340b program by performing daily file reconciliations, monitoring/validating compliance, and further optimizing medication usage and savings opportunities.
- Serves as a technical and billing resource for all clinical system users, Information Services & Technology, and Patient Accounts.
- Assists with the development and implementation of short- and long-range goals for the Pharmacy and Nutrition department’s information system needs.
- Participates in the achievement of the organizational and departmental goals and mission.
- Maintains professional development and technical competency.
- Performs all other related tasks to assist the Pharmacy Information Systems Coordinator.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Administrative/Clerical Supp – Administrative/Clerical Supp