Requisition Number: 41753
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Champion Performance Excellence (PQA & Lean) for continuous improvement throughout the product lifecycle using the appropriate methodologies, tools, and templates (creating specific tools/templates as needed)
- Provide coaching and facilitation on methods and tools
- Develop and implement a division PEx strategy to support the overall quality and manufacturing strategies.
- Conduct monthly / quarterly PEx reviews with each site to ensure on track for annual goals.
- Participate in weekly site quality calls to review/answer PEx questions • Manage PEx and QMS metrics for the division and support sites to meet quality goals and objectives
- Support leadership for Quality Management Systems to ensure systems are effective and compliant with all customer expectations, corporate requirements, industry specific standards, regulatory and statutory requirements, covering product concept, through customer order, to product delivery.
- Support other QCDMS+I projects as needed
- Support regulatory compliance in the division including, FDA, REACH, RoHS.
- 25%, some international travel required
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Sciences, or other technical fields
- 5 or more years in process, manufacturing, or quality engineering
- Certified Green Belt in DMAIC, PQA, or LEAN, Black Belt preferred.
- Broad experience in DMAIC/Lean/DESGN tools and as project leader
- Strong written and verbal communication / presentation skills using PowerPoint, PowerBI, and similar.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, data driven with technical knowledge
- Able to use various software packages for analysis: Minitab, JMP, Excel
- Able to facility teams using PEx tools and methodologies
- Organized, multi-tasking with excellent planning and project tracking skills.
- Able to effectively lead a diverse group of people and influence at all levels of the organization
- Proactive and confident, with the ability to energize/motivate/influence others.
- Change agent – skilled at motivating and inspiring an organization to change.
- Familiarity with ISO quality standards
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Required to sign covenant not to compete
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.